Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualifications. The game is over. New update.

To: beaudoin <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualifications. The game is over. New update.
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 16:32:44 -0500
Indeed mistakes are made.  And we'll wait for the final scores to be
posted, but all the contests that matter for qualification are now done,
and it's now just a matter of waiting for the final scoring from the
remaining events.

Nonetheless, there are several regions where it is 100% clear who the team
leader is (or at least who one of the team leaders are for regions with
more than one team leader).  I don't see any way how a scoring change
(absent a disqualification) would change the rankings for guys like W9RE,
KI6RRN, W2GD or K7RL (guys I would never see being disqualified - all are
top tier ops).

As to errors, in your case, I'm not sure what the error is.  Your
assisted low power score was lower than the score of an unassisted station
in your region.  The WRTC rules have made it clear that the expectation is
that an assisted station should outperform an unassisted station and if the
score of an assisted station is less than that of an unassisted station,
the points credit given to the assisted station will be indexed against the
unassisted score (plus the assisted "penalty").

73 Rich NN3W