Re: [CQ-Contest] K8CC SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K8CC SK
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 13:29:19 -0500
Sorry to hear about Dave. He was one of the most enthusiastic members of the Mad River Radio Club back in the 1980's and 1990's. I lost count how many times he was president. I operated contests from Dave's many times in the Multi-Ops he hosted. We even used my call from his station in our 1998 and 1999 M/M efforts in the CQ WPX SSB contests. In 1980 when I drove to the Detroit, MI FCC field office from Cleveland to take my Extra class exam Dave graciously let me stay at his house the night before.

I considered Dave to be a good friend. The last time I saw him was maybe a couple years ago at the Hamvention. He hadn't been on the air in contests that much in recent years. The few times he was in a contest  I would say a quick hello and have a short chat to ask how things were going. I'm very sad to hear that he passed at such a young age. BTW here is the direct link to his obituary - https://www.uhtfuneralhome.com/obituaries/David-Alan-Pruett?obId=19477910#/obituaryInfo . RIP K8CC.

Jeff KU8E