Re: [CQ-Contest] An identifier for Multiple QSO Parties?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An identifier for Multiple QSO Parties?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 18:15:20 -0300
Hi Lloyd,

I am all for improvements and efficiencies in contesting, but I doubt very
much whatever you try will work.

Why?

A goodly number of the folks in these QSO parties are very casual ops.  Many
of them might only

operate one contest a year(their own State QSO party), plus maybe Field Day
on occasion?

Almost none of them are reading this.

Like you, I am easily identifiable with my prefix..Unlike you, there is zero
possibility I could be located in New England, Indiana, Delaware or the PNW
(7-land) yet every year I get on and do a "CQ 7QP", or "CQ INQP" (or any
other USA based QSO parties) and without fail, about half my callers are not
in those areas but "want to help" and give me a QSO anyways.

I am thankful for their QSO, (it gets people active, which overall is a good
thing) but at 0pts and 0mult value, it does get a little frustrating
sometimes, hi!

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA..NB, Canada..

This past weekend included a multitude of State QSO Parties.      This year

was only interested in operating the 7QP.

Despite calling CQ 7QP, I was often called by stations in the other QSO

Parties.     Perhaps it's time for a CQ to indicate

you're into all the QSO Parties.     We currently call CQ 7QP,  NE, IN or DE

play in one of them.     How about something

like CQ MP to confirm you're operating in Multiple QSO Parties?      If
you're

playing in all of them, call CQ MP.      Without

a unique identifier, many stations assume you're participating in all of
them.

    Seems like it would be an easy fix.

                     73 & Aloha,

                    Lloyd  KH6LC