Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX CW rubberish CW numbers?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX CW rubberish CW numbers?
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:16:43 +0000 (UTC)
Rag - I heard that on several signals in the WPX, had to ask for repeats.  I
think these days that kind of blurry/rubberish CW keying usually turns out to
be someone operating remotely, vs. a software keying/timing problem.
Often, the remote connection has variably latency and the pauses between
elements and letters gets distorted in many cases. The culprit is usually a
wireless ISP and/or a wireless LAN (or two) in the loop. The Remote Rig boxes
are particularly susceptible to high jitter impacting CW.
73 John K3TN