[CQ-Contest] New Contest Hotel location for Hamvention 2022

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Contest Hotel location for Hamvention 2022
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:00:10 -0400
 Attention Contesters and DXers! Contest-related activities that have
previously taken place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel during the Dayton
Hamvention(R) are moving to the Hope Hotel beginning in 2022.

In May 2022, official Contesting activities will be at the Hope Hotel,
including four nights of the Contest Super Suite, Contest University, The
Top Band Dinner, The Contest Dinner and the KC DX Club CW copying
competition. There may be additional related events as well.

The Hope Hotel is an excellent facility, well suited for Contesters and
DXers. There is plenty of parking and it is located closer to the Hamvention
than the downtown Dayton hotels. The Hope Hotel is adjacent to the
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Guests do not go through the security gate.

We have spent almost two years working on this project and we believe you
will enjoy the change of venue.

Room reservations will be taken by the Hope Hotel starting on Tuesday June
8, 2021 at 9 AM EDT. Do not call them before that time. You can get room
reservations by phone only. If you try to book on line you will see that
there are no rooms for those dates. Every room in the Hope Hotel has been
blocked for Contesters and DXers for Hamvention week.  Starting Tuesday June
8, 2021 at 9 AM EDT, you can call 937-879-2696 and ask for a reservation in
the Contest University 2022 room block. There is no minimum night
commitment. The room rate is $143 per night plus tax and that includes a hot
buffet breakfast each day of your stay. The room rate is the same for a
single queen, two queens or a single king with a pull out.

If you have 2022 reservations at the Crowne Plaza (now the Radisson Hotel
Dayton) you can contact the Radisson  at (937) 224-0800 to cancel and obtain
any refunds. The Radisson is aware of the venue change for our activities.

Please spread the word to all Contest Club reflectors, etc.

We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday night, May 18, 2022, for the
first night of the 2022 Contest Super Suite at the Hope Hotel.

https://www.hopehotel.com/

73,

Tim K3LR

For the Contest Hotel Committee