Re: [CQ-Contest] Let's talk SO2R dual keyboards

To: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Let's talk SO2R dual keyboards
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 04:12:19 +0000
Keyboard remapping is highly personal, as well as dependent on the logger you
use.  I use DXLog.net, which obviously is different from N1MM which most people
use.  Also, I do not use ESM.  The simple key mappings are done using the DXLog
mapper, some of the complicated ones are using AHK.

Here are the common ones I use all the time.

=  Toggle Stereo for SO2R
;  Insert  (send exchange)
‘  Plus key  (Log QSO and TU message)
“ Log QSO, TU,  and grab next call in buffer and send exchange
.   Send my call
F9   CW speed down
Shift-F9  other radio CW speed down
F10  CW speed up
Shift-F10  other radio CW speed up
`  send ?
[  expand radio 1 bandmap
{ shrink radio 1 bandmap
]  expand radio 2 bandmap
} shrink radio 2 bandmap
Ctrl-Shift-T   initiate amp antenna tuner cycle
Ctrl-B  Switch logger between SO2R and SO2V in RTTY

My intent with mapping is to keep my hands on the keyboard(s) as much as
possible.  DXLog.net has a scripting facility to send whatever commands you
want to the radios   I’ve also got hot keys for things like Sub Receiver
on/off, Split on/off, XIT up/down 75 Hz, VOX toggle, Diversity mode, etc.  I’ve
never been good with a mouse so I try to ignore it as much as possible.

As with all things in this crazy hobby, YMMV!

Ken K6MR