Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 15:25:05 -0700
In the Santa Cruz mountains, where I live, AT&T won't repair their wired lines AND won't run fiber at their expense to serve existing customers in sparsely populated communities. And last I heard, they won't reactivate existing lines to serve a new customer at the same address. What's worse is that we have NO cell coverage from any vendor, and Comcast has only about six hours of backup when PG&E drops, and their drops can last 3-4 days.

I'm hoping that a Starlink box can get enough of a view through the clearing for our house in the dense redwood forest where we live for the system to be a backup for Comcast.

73, Jim K9YC