[CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer (was Re: Voice RBN)

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer (was Re: Voice RBN)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:43:58 -0400
"This is why CW skimmer is so effective. It effectively filters out spots
you can’t hear.

"Additionally it helps you see stuff that pops up before the pileup gets
thick."

Well, that's counter to my never-assisted CW (domestic contest) experience.

I can't address the effectiveness of Skimmer filtering.  I do recall that
when I was at a big M-M for DX  'Tests the spots included tons of stuff we
couldn't hear.  Filtering may have been more primitive back then.

HOWEVER, it is CW Skimmer that makes the pile up get thick on any "new" one
I find by tuning the big knob.  In SS, I have about two shots before the
pileup overwhelms my little signal.  In a DX 'Test, it would be, maybe,
three.

73, Art K3KU