[CQ-Contest] ROSS HULL MARATHON

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ROSS HULL MARATHON
From: Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:34:50 +0000
Do you happen to be on a Contest committee, either National or Local?

VK4TS is the manager of the Ross Hull Marathon, running all the month of
January, and I am trying to get the word out.

Sitting at home this January? Time to rattle the bands above 30MHz.

The Ross Hull Contest (Marathon) is distance based for VHF UHF and Microwave
bands.

Anyone can enter anywhere.

There are three main categories - Best 7 days, Best 2 days or Multi op

Modes are SSB CW and Data.

While the marathon goes for a month you only need to perform over 2 or 7 days.

It is supported by N1MM through a User defined contest module (TU G4OGB)  and
VK Contest Logger. (VK3AVV)

Because the exchange is simply, Report Plus Serial Number Plus Grid Square, we
can accept logs from other contests eg UKSMG Winter Marathon logs are
acceptable.

FT4/FT8 WSJT-X is best supported using the Contest mode for region 1 , if you
had a better option, I would love to hear it.

If you require an audio snippet promoting the contest, please email me
outlining the audience and I will create same for you.

73

Trent
VK4TS
M0HTT