Re: [CQ-Contest] Software for Logging

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Software for Logging
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:20:43 +0200
Jim, dxlog supports almost every contest instead of wintest which supports only the basics.

Ken, having used writelog, I would say that dxlog needs some work for using it for top level rtty contesting. Sure it works reliable and you can use pleasantly.

I have been asked about what you must do with mouse in n1mm. It is not simple to explain, maybe Ken can explain it better but when someone uses and learn dxlog (and wintest as well), he can forget mouse. I can not do the same in n1mm. Maybe I don't know it so well even I use it in all major contests...

73 Kostas SV1DPI

Στις 25/1/2022 01:19, ο/η Ken K6MR έγραψε:
"It is good only for basic rtty contesting."

This is the only statement about DXLog with which I would disagree.  It
supports multiple decoders when teamed up with 2Tone and Gritty.  I find the
no-mouse interface is incredibly efficient when running, and 2BISQ on RTTY
works extremely well.  It supports 2 keyboard mode, and the screen layout is
compact so needs little eye movement to follow Qs on both radios.  A pleasure
to use.

Ken K6MR