Re: [CQ-Contest] Typing in A Contest....

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Typing in A Contest....
From: Keith Dutson <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 00:32:07 +0000 (UTC)
 I took a keyboarding course at the local community college back in 2003, to
prepare for a DXpedition my friend Cal White WF5W (now SK) talked me into.  It
helped quite a bit.  I had a lot of fun during this first trip:GTDX -
DXpeditions - 2004 Falklands

|  |
GTDX - DXpeditions - 2004 Falklands

Since then, my keyboarding skills have faded and I find myself, like you, doing
a lot of hunt and peck.  I also turned 80 recently. <grin>
73, Keith NM5G

    On Saturday, April 2, 2022, 05:22:28 PM CDT, Jim Brown
<k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 4/2/2022 6:12 AM, Joe wrote:
> And I know it is slowing me down.
> So, I finally made the decision to learn,, well practice how to "Touch
> Type" again.

Thanks to my mother, I learned touch typing by the second grade, and
still have the skill at age 80, albeit with diminished motor skills
thanks to age. But I still do a lot of hunt and peck during contests.

73, Jim K9YC