[CQ-Contest] FINAL RESULTS 2022 POISSON d'AVRIL CONTEST

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FINAL RESULTS 2022 POISSON d'AVRIL CONTEST
From: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 18:26:00 +0000
We received 98 entries this year.... a NEW RECORD!

All entries have been declared winners (list at the end of this post). Over
60 entries were in the "100" Category...it is going to be interesting
buying and mailing that many rolls of Charmin, but a deal is a deal.

I am expecting a few "logs" to come by mail in the next couple of days, so
the final tally will be a little higher than the amount received thus far,
which is  (drum roll):

$11,082.91   (very loud cymbal crash, loud cheering)

Along with the matching funds committed by Tim Duffy, K3LR, we raised over
$22,000 in 3 days to help DM9EE provide assistance to Ukrainians who are
suffering.

Allow me to share a little bit about our man on the ground, Carsten, DM9EE.
He owns a hotel in Holzminden, Germany. The pandemic has really hurt his
business, but he is getting by.

When I announced this project, I told the story of how Carsten loaded up
his van and trailer a few weeks ago with supplies and drove them to the
SP-UR border where they were passed along to people who needed them.

A few days ago, there was a report that police in a nearby town had
discovered 67 Ukrainian refugees living in a single room, sleeping on the
floor, sharing a single toilet (all 67 were women and children). The
authorities were trying to find temporary housing for them until they can
be settled somewhere. When Carsten heard this, he contacted the authorities
and said "I have a hotel. Give me 25 of them." Then he asked his local
community for donations of clothing, medicines, and other supplies. And
they stepped up.

This is the guy we are supporting.

Some people were a little confused by this project and thought it was just
an April Fools joke. Ummm...no.

Anyway, the "certificates" will be purchased and shipped this week.

The P d'A is now over for this year. If you missed the opportunity to
enter, I suggest that you consider making a donation to the charity of your
choice that is helping in Ukraine. One option worth considering is the
World Food Programme. S53R/ST2AR/9N7AA, ON6TT, and 9A3A work there now or
have worked there in the past, so there is a ham radio connection. Doctors
without Borders (Medecins sans Frontiers) is another excellent choice - not
sure if any hams work there, but it is a very efficient low-overhead
operation doing good work.

Thank you all for making this the best Pd'A ever, and my happiest birthday
ever.

73,

Doug K1DG
---
2022 PDA WINNERS
(in alphabetical order...if you entered and your call is not here, contact
me off-list)

AA3B
AB1J
AD1C