[CQ-Contest] Issue with TicRing 1022D/E

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Issue with TicRing 1022D/E
From: w5wz@w5wz.com
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 19:06:34 -0600
Physically, the antenna appears to be pointed about 150 degrees. The controller displays 60 degrees. Turn knob CCW to any position beyond 30 degrees and push start, nothing happens. However, with the knob at about 35 degrees and any where CW to 180, a brief tap of START elicites a sharp BUZZ (like an alarm sounder) from the controller. It also appears to rotate the antenna CW; I quickly turn the know CCW to stop rotation, because I don't want to over-rotate and put coax in a bind.

I don't see anything in my TicRing manual about an alarm buzzer, nor do I see any resistances for troubleshooting from the ground. I suspect others have encountered this before, and am hoping to get some hints before retrieving the motor from the tower.

--Scott, W5WZ