[CQ-Contest] NOCC Competition.

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NOCC Competition.
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:30:55 -0600
I tried using the PVRC Web-page message form, but it has major errors.

I tried to ask this question..

I hope that it is not too late to hope to see this change?
I love the effort to promote the use of the Online Scoreboard.

We love the scoreboard so much that in our contest, MAIDENHEAD MAYHEM, we made using it worth a LOT of bonus points that every entrant in the contest can easily get with a minute of work settings things up.

I'd like to see somehow a leveling of the PLAYING field of the NOCC tho. I mean a small Contest club of 50 people has no chance of even remotely competing with PVRC or SMC etc.

Maybe some kind of size of club classes?

OR even better! How about a level of participation factor.

To make it a effort of using it by percentage of membership that does it.  That would be a neat incentive to get more people in any club to use the scoreboard!

Where there is a correction factor applied that takes into account the percentage of a clubs membership,
This would make even large clubs try to get more to use to scoreboard.

Maybe like Club "A" is small but has a great turnout like 80% of membership.

But Club "B" is HUGE,  but only 10% of membership used the scoreboard.

When final tallies are made the final score of club "A" is 80% of what they made

And Club "B" is only 10% of their score made.

This would make the playing field More level AND make a incentive for clubs to get as many members as possible to use the scoreboard!

Flame Suit ON.

Joe WB9SBD
W9ET Driftless Zone Contesters
https://w9et.com/ Home of DZC and the MAIDENHEAD MAYHEM