[CQ-Contest] Setting up a QSO Database

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Setting up a QSO Database
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 16:47:09 -0500

Hi,

I am looking to create some sort of easily accessible and searchable database that will hold basic info of the approximately 1,000,000 qsos's that I have made since getting licensed 50 years ago (August 1973).

Ideally, if possible, I should be able to search the database by callsign, DX country, band, mode, prefix, etc.

Even better would be if I am able to scan written pages with qso's and have the software encode that info and add it to the database. (I have thousands of pages of hand-written logs). If that is not possible, then it should be a database that allows me to easily manually enter data for each qso and would also allow me to upload cabrillo files or .bin files or something similar.

I have no idea what options/functionality are available or what it would look like or what such a database/software would cost.

I also do not know whether or not such a database would allow me to add qso's made under other callsigns (where I guest operated or operated as DX) and then separate out the qso's based on the callsign used?

I would ask that responses please be limited to those who have actually attempted to do something similar and can answer based on actual experience.

Thanks and 73

Bob, KQ2M