Re: [CQ-Contest] First IARU HF Championship

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] First IARU HF Championship
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 02:11:45 -0700
On 7/10/2024 7:31 AM, Lee Hiers wrote:
Yes, I remember the pre-HQ station-mults Radiosport (I still call it the
Radiosport even)...I much preferred that over the current system.  But that
may just be me.

No, it's not just you. Soon after I moved to NorCal from Chicago about 18 years ago, a serious contester neighbor told me about the addition of the HQ stations doubling the advantage of the east coast stations, which was already considerable thanks to location, and making west coast activity even less interesting. Having operated from Chicago, I can understand you're just as bummed in GA as we were in W9.

73, Jim K9YC