Is this a BUG?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Is this a BUG?
From: ericm@rmece02.upr.clu.edu (ericm@rmece02.upr.clu.edu)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 13:18:02 -0500 (EST)
Hi
        One of the things I like about CT is that I can type while the program
is keying the radio in CW. When running, to speed up the process at QRQ, I type
the prefix of the calling station, right after the calling station stop sending
, I press [Ins] and while the computer is sending CW, I complete the call sign.
I have used this operating style and there is no problem except when the calling
station is a DUPE.

        I like to use the "NoWorkDupe" text command so when a dupe comes, the
[Ins] key sends "QSO B4" automatically. This seems not to work under my
operating style. When the calling station is a DUPE, the "DUPE" message at the
buttom of the screen appears but CT doesn't send "QSO B4" when I press the [Ins]
key, instead, it sends the full exchange, like a needed call. So I have to stop
the sending of the exchange with [Esc], send "QSO B4" manually and [Alt]+[W]!

        The way I see this, is: It seems like the call sign used in the program
CW sending routine ( function or module ) , is not the same one the program
dupe checking routine uses. In other words, why the screen displays " DUPE " but
the [Ins] key doesn't send "QSO B4"?

Is this a Bug?, or Is it impossible to fix this?
Any suggestions?

Eric M. Guzman Colon, KP4TK/KP4VA
ericm@rmece02.upr.clu.edu