CT .SUM file

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT .SUM file
From: stevel@hpsrfh.sr.hp.com (Steve Lund)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 12:51:47 PST
After seeing so many incorrectly filled out CT generated summary
sheets for the ARRL DX contest posted on Internet, I offer the
following suggestions for CT version 9.

I don't believe that the CT .SUM file is correct for any of the
ARRL contests.  For US/VE stations, the summary sheet should
contain your ARRL/CRRL section (not your country), yet not one of
the summary sheets posted on cq-contest had been corrected.  ARRL
would be very challenged to determine that Graton, CA is in the
San Francisco section.  It seems that your section should be
included in the CT.CFG file and appear on the appropriate summary
sheet.

Similarly, the ARRL section and grid square should be included in
the ARRL VHF/UHF contests.

I notice that most of you also include an equipment description.
Wouldn't it be nice if this could be placed in the CT.CFG (or a
new CT.SUM) file so that you wouldn't have type it in for each
contest.  I like to put this information on my summary sheet, so
that I can track equipment changes from year to year.

I would also like to have a time operated field added to the
summary sheet.  This isn't required by any contest sponsors, but
saves re-running the .BIN file to get this information from a
previous contest.  (I archive the .SUM, .BIN and .ALL files.)

Now that ARRL is taking contest entries via e-mail, could CT
append the .SUM and .LOG files?  If these ideas could be
implemented, post-contest log processing would require little
more than adding comments for the SoapBox.

Steve WA8LLY/6
stevel@sr.hp.com