IRQ Query

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: IRQ Query
From: kleinhaj@iia.org (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 14:45:46 -0400 (EDT)
I am sure you're not the only one with this predicament.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the same IRQ for 2 devices simultaneously
on an ISA board.  It is my understanding that if you have an EISA
system board it is possible to share IRQ's. Bottom line, if you try to
run both com1 and com3 with the same IRQ in CT...the system will BARF!

I have a sound card, SCSI adapter, DVP, 2 serial/1 parallel ports,
2 game ports, an internal modem and a bus mouse all looking for IRQ's...
you think you're having fun?

73 de J.P. AA2DU