'from' and 'reply' addresses

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: 'from' and 'reply' addresses
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (Kim Culhan)
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 18:58:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 24 May 1994, David Robbins (KY1H) 413-494-6955(w) 413-655-2714 wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> reply goes back to the list not the originator.  personally i prefer to have
> the reply go back to the sender, not the list...

The mail software I use (Pine, running on a Unix machine) offers the option:

 Use "Reply to:" address instead of "From:" address? (y/n/^C) [y]:

each time you hit the key for 'Reply' after reading a message.

If ge.com doesn't have this option, send 'em a note.

[deleted]

> it also makes it easier to find the originator's address in case they
> don't put it in the signature...
[deleted]
> but this reflector strips that off and puts it in the forwarding data
> which apparently not everyone can see.  maybe this list should be changed so
> that it works more like the contest reflector where most of us probably
> started.

maybe your Internet provider 'ge.com' should fix their software :)

regards
kim, w8hd

--
kimc@w8hd.org