wasted bandwidth apology (ignore if you can)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: wasted bandwidth apology (ignore if you can)
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C 28-May-1994 1013)
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 10:08:58 -0400
Peter, VE3SUN asked:

>Didn't the "Reply-to" field used to point to the original sender, or is
>that just on the other lists? Anyway, apologies to all, I forgot to check
>the address before my mailer sent the message and I just assumed it was
>replying in private email . What goes around comes around.

I changed this recently because topics were starting on the CT-USER list and
ending up on CQ-CONTEST because people had to manually type in the list name
when they replied to the group.

The From: field has the sender's EMAIL address.  The Reply-to: field has the
list's EMAIL address.  Some mailers allow you to pick, some don't.

- Jim AD1C