Bugs in NOWORKDUPE, CT 9.02

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Bugs in NOWORKDUPE, CT 9.02
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 11:04:33 PDT
Looks like NOWORKDUPE still no work, but you're getting closer.

Bug 1a:

1. NOWORKDUPE
2. CORRECT     (not sure if this is related; try without first)
3. Log K5ZD in the normal fashion
4. <some time later, say in the next QSO>
   Type K5ZD <insert> X

   CT sends "K5ZDX SRI QSO" followed by the F3 message

   CT needs to check for a dupe just before it is to send the exchange,
   and not a millisecond before.  This may mean a slight delay between
   callsign and exchange as CT is checking, but that will sound very
   natural and should not be a problem.

Bug 1b:

1. NOWORKDUPE
2. Log K6AA in the normal fashion
3. <some time later>
4. Type K6AAW <insert> <backspace> Q

   As soon as you hit the <backspace> CT sends "SRI QSO" followed by the
   F3 message.  CT should *never* start sending just because you hit
   the <backspace> key to fix a typo.  Note that this happens with
   BACKSPACE, not <left-arrow>.

   Once again, if CT would just wait until it the millisecond before
   sending the "599" before it would check for a dupe, NOWORKDUPE
   would work just great.

Bug 2: (it's not a bug, it's a new feature)

Instead of just sending the SRI QSO message (programmable with Shift-F9),
CT follows up by sending the F3 message.  I don't really like this
change very much, but I guess it was done to make it easier for
those who don't know about Shift-F9.  I like to use the following:

F3:  TU N6TV TEST
QSO B4:  SRI QSO N6TV TEST

Now I can come close:

F3:  TU N6TV TEST
QSO B4:  SRI QSO

But then CT sends

SRI QSO TU N6TV TEST

which sounds pretty weird.  I just want to send

SRI QSO N6TV TEST

but I don't see any way to do that now without changing my F3
message to "N6TV TEST," which doesn't work very well.

Could you please change it back so that dupes get *just* the SRI
QSO mesage, not SRI QSO + F3?

73,
Bob, N6TV