Keyer weighting adjustment -- new feature coming?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Keyer weighting adjustment -- new feature coming?
From: n6tv@VNET.IBM.COM (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 94 15:17:46 PDT
While testing an FT-990 for a upcoming DXpedition, I discovered that
the 990 has a problem with full break-in CW if you use the standard
50-50 dot-space CW ratio such a that generated by CT.  The CW sounds
very choppy.  Yes, this is a rig problem, not a CT problem, but it is
very common.  I've seen the same choppy CW when trying QSK on an FT-900,
an FT-1000, and an IC-765.  No problem on a TS-930S, however.

An easy fix is just to set for heavier keyer weighting to compensate
(or give up and use semi-breakin).  I set my Logikey K-1 to "weighting
70" and that seemed to fix the problem, but I'm still in a quandary as
to what to do about CT's generated CW.

Both TRLOG and WriteLog for Windows support keyer weighting
adjustments.  Not sure about NA.  How about CT?  Is a keyer
weighting control hard to do?  If so, a "quick fix" such as a command
line option "-w70" would be quite satisfactory.

73,
Bob, N6TV