CT 9.19

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT 9.19
From: w6go@netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 18:54:35 -0800 (PST)
I guess it must just be my implementation, as I let K1EA know about this
problem before 9.18 and again before 9.19, but in my installation on two
different computers I have the same problem and wonder if anyone else has
noticed it.  As Ken didn't address my problem, I assume that he couldn't
duplicate the condition.

Using the vga mode and a mouse, it is possible to move the cursor off of
the bottom of the screen.  It is not possible to move it off of the top,
right or left.  Once the cursor is off the screen, if you click the mouse
a couple of times (probably while moving the mouse) you get the GENERAL
PROTECTION FAULT error and get kicked back to DOS.  If you do an ALT-M
(and then can't see the cursor!) and move the (unseen) cursor off the
bottom of the screen and click the mouse, it is the same as when you can
see the cursor go off the screen.

Does anyone else see this, or is it something unique to my installation?
I am using DOS 5 and QEMM 6 in both machines.

Jay
w6go@netcom.com

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com