CT feature request

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT feature request
From: rhummel@monad.net (Rob Hummel)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 19:25:53 -0500
As single-op/low-power/no packet, I hunt and pounce a lot. When I work or ID
a station, I enter it into the band map with Ctrl-Enter. On my second (and
subsequent) pass through the band, this helps me identify a station quickly
(especially those who don't ID often) and move on. But two things make this
less useful than it might be:

1. The auto-purge feature wipes out "spots" after an hour. Many big stations
stay on the same freq for hours. After an hour, I have to re-ID them and
re-enter if I want them on the map. Can an option be added so this time-out
is user-specified? Perhaps in the configuration file?

2. The "merge threshold," where one spot overwrites another is too close. I
often work a weak SSB station under a strong one, only to lose the spot of
the big one. On CW, the spacing is far too wide under any conditions. Again,
a user-specified threshold?

On a related subject, here's another suggestion: First, I enter the callsign
of a station. It shows up in the partial check window, but not in the
country/prefix or call windows unless I hit <space>. Then I have to
Ctrl-Enter to put into the band map. I'd like to see a one-button
replacement (F12, for example) that would update take the call and update
all the info and enter into the band map. This lets me know if I need the
guy on another band or whatever. F12 is ideal because if I don't need it, I
can hit F11 to wipe it out. Two quick strokes instead of many.

--Rob Hummel, WS1A
rhummel@top.monad.net
  <Rob Hummel>
  <rhummel@top.monad.net>