CT updates

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT updates
From: aef8w@aztec.asu.edu (PAUL M. PLAYFORD)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 12:02:14 -0700 (MST)

Interesting comments on various versions of CT and their bugs.

My thoughts on software in general is:  unless the 'update' is cheaper or
does something that I want that my present version does not do, why change?

Since version 8.53 locks up when trying to use my external digital voice
keyer I have stuck with 8.24 - even though it will not send the '*' that
my PK232 requires during initilization.  My work around is to initialize
the '232 first before the contest.

In the meantime, v8.24 does what I want it to do - make contesting fun, and
I see no reason to pay additional $$ to join the Beta test team for CT.

I suppose that when I want to enter a contest that 8.24 does not cover and
a later version does I'll have to bite the bullet and update but until then,
If it works - don't fix it.

de Paul

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com