SS phone Score KB1GW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: SS phone Score KB1GW
From: gswanson@arrl.org (Swanson, Glenn, KB1GW)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 95 09:32:00 EST
                           1995 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

     Call used: KB1GW                               Location: CT
     Category: Single Op Assisted         Mode: SSB
     Callsign of Operator: KB1GW          Power: 100W

     Exchanged Information: nr A KB1GW 82 CT

     Hours of Operation: 11:06
     [Was probably less than NA says...]

     band      QSOs     points
     ----------------------------------
     160          0          0
      80         68        136
      40         92        184
      20         65        130
      15         78        156
      10          1          2

     TOTAL      304        608   X   74 multipliers  =  44,992

     Club Name: Murphy's Marauders Contest Club

     Comments: Thought I'd try packet (assisted) and found it to be more
of a distraction than anything else.  Missed ARRL Sections: MS, ND and AK
(Heard and AK station--got tired of the pileup that was probably generated
by packet spots...)Next time--no packet--and I need and amp!
(Low power (100 watts) is tough in SS from New England!)  Had fun in my
part-time effort.  Had just flown home from a week in Florida on Saturday
afternoon--split my time between unpacking, yard work, opening mail,
and having fun on the radio.  Hope to put in a better effort next time out!

Radio:     ICOM IC-735
10/15/20: Cushcraft A3S
40/160:     Dipole
80:             1/4-wave vert.
Software: NA

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.