CT v9.27 anomolies

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT v9.27 anomolies
From: K0RC@pclink.com (Robert Chudek)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 18:53:09 +0000
   I also experienced CT v9.27 dumping me to DOS with a General
Protection Fault when I pushed the 160 meter button on my Kenwood
TS-950SDX after I finished the 10 meter contest in December.  I
experimented and discovered that I could QSY my radio to any band
EXCEPT 160 meters.

   A second problem I discovered was the frequency display in CT
getting wiped out.  Example:  Input LY3E, use Alt+F3 to spot, the
frequency queued agrees with the radio.  ESC to cancel the spot.
Edit the call to LY3EE, use ALt+F3 to spot, the frequency queued
is now 0.0.  It cannot be corrected.

   The same problem occurs if you cursor up the log and use Alt+F3
to spot a previous QSO.  The frequency is queued okay unless you
edit the callsign.  Also, the 0.0 frequency gets written into the
log and prints out as such after running R2B9.EXE on the BIN file.

  I don't understand why using the Alt+Z key sequence drops the
F8, F9, and/or F12 screens off the display.  Shouldn't it just pop
up/down over the existing windows?  Or am I missing something here?

   I use the 50 line VGA mode, but loose the cursor at this resolu-
tion.  I can move the windows around "blind", it's just that I can't
see where I'm pointing.  I'm using a Diamond Stealth 64 video
adapter.  The cursor works fine in the DOS Norton Utilties as the
50 line mode.

  Do these problems sound familiar?

   73 de Bob - K0RC
   k0rc@pclink.com