CVB & CT: the solution

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CVB & CT: the solution
From: psoper@encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:39:03 EST
The reason my (genuine Creative Labs Soundblaster) worked fine with
LTA's Contest Voice Blaster at the DOS prompt or when other programs
ran, but not while CT ran, was the lack of the "EMM386.SYS" driver. I
had "HIMEM.SYS" but not the other and for some reason this interfered
with message playback while CT was running. Running the DOS program
"memmaker" and letting it rummage through my autoexec.bat and config.sys
files was the cure, although I didn't know this ahead of time!

Thanks for all the support, folks.

Pete
KS4XG

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct