radio control

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: radio control
From: K0RC@pclink.com (K0RC - Robert Chudek)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 18:53:54 +0000
Also, check to make sure your cable does not have a broken wire or a
pin pushed back in the connector (pin not latched into the connector
body properly).

I have repaired many computers where the I/O chips have been blown
and will only communicate in one direction.  You can verify this if
you have a breakout box, or simply hook a modem to this port and
test to see if it works properly.

A side issue, not directly related to this problem but confusing to
some, is if you select an "unassisted" or "single op" category, the
program will allow you to send spots out, but not receive them.  It
looks like a communications problem, but CT is working properly.

This operator error had me checking my comm ports for 15 minutes
before I realized what I did wrong!   I repeat this here in case I
can help someone avoid making the same mistake.

73 de Bob - K0RC

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org