CT & Operating Systems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT & Operating Systems
From: jholly@hposl62.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 07:41:34 -0700
On Jun 4,  9:43am, Bob Levine wrote:
  <snip>

> Is the contest community really still in the dark ages of PCs
> running MSDOS on 286s and 386s with DOS that there is no market for
> real windows based contest apps?  There is no reason why you cant
> have a nice app that supports 4 COM ports to run the TNC, rig,
> rotor, and another at the same time.

There was a nice window contest logger on the market ... WriteLog by
W5XD. I think a copy is still knocking around the web some where,
KM9P's page or KA9FOX's page. Wayne did not have many takers for his
software and gave up on it. Looks like WinDoze 95 came out to late
for him. Fortunately I still have a DOS partition on the disk I can
boot.

73, Jim, WA6SDM
jholly@cup.hp.com

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct