CT Interface with Kenwood TS-450

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT Interface with Kenwood TS-450
From: ke6ber@tiac.net (Alfred J. Frugoli, KE6BER/1)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 18:50:15 -0400
Here's my situation.  I have the kenwood IF232, and have it working just
fine with my TS-940.  My second rig is a ts-450, and I have had NO luck
getting the computer to control that rig.  I am assuming that the comm
setup with the computer is correct, becuase it works with the 940 (IRQ,
baud rate etc.)  I have tried using all the different kenwood radio
settings from the radio menu, and the ts-440 is the only one that even
makes the radio do anything, but even that setting only sends info to the
radio.  The computer is unable to poll the radio for information.  Am I
missing something?  Is it somethign software, like flow control?  Are the
pinouts for computer control different between the 940 and the 450?  Any
info appreciated.

Al, KE6BER/1, ke6ber@tiac.net  http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org