[ct-user] Summary:CT on Macintosh

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Summary:CT on Macintosh
From: Alfred J. Frugoli" <ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:03:19 +0000
As I suspected, there aren't many out there using CT on PC cards in Macintosh
computers.  Looks like I'll be looking into a PC for my next new computer.
Here are the replies I got.

Thanks to: K7GQ, W7BX (7J1ABV), KV1W

--

I run CT w/o any problems whatsoever using an Orange Micro card running
Windows/95.  I regularly use it in CW contests and the keying works just

My Mac is a Quadra/650 with System 7.5.5.  The same card works with
Power
PC Macs as well.  I've used SoftWindows - and while CT works OK, is runs
VERY SLOWLY.

--

Good Lord ... why would you want to do that?   MARATHON for Macintosh
is a wonderful contest logging program written by N0IOS ... I've been

--

Al,
Yes

So at lest no cables to move !! So you can do packet and radio at least, but
can't get to a CT network. Even more a problem is no parallel for DVK or CW.
We ran CQWW SSB here at KV1W as a multiop with that set up and no problems.
But, due to no third port for network and no paralleld, and many ops just don't
like Mac's, am switching to Pentium PC's. Just in the beginning, and boy are
PC's a piece of junk from a computer architecture point of view !!
No fun to add to and get running !!

So that's the story, if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries from the

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct