FW: [ct-user] CT's -LOOP option

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [ct-user] CT's -LOOP option
From: Cady, Fred" <fcady@ee.montana.edu (Cady, Fred)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:36:57 -0700
Somewhere in my (and the CT) archives is a blurb I wrote up on the -loop
cabling.  If it doesn't show up soon I'll try to extract it.  I agree
with the answers that have been given below except I think it is better
to make up the loop boxes such that you DO use NULL modem cables between
computers.  That way you can use the cables in an environment that has
computers with multiple serial ports.  You also don't need to make up
boxes, cut metal, etc., if you make a Y-splitter cable with the DB-9
connectors.
73, Fred, KE7X

Fred Cady
Department of  Electrical Engineering