[ct-user] Using master.dta from ram

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Using master.dta from ram
From: David B. Ritchie" <dbr@alumni.caltech.edu (David B. Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:42:38 -0800 (PST)
> I am new to the ct-user reflector, thought I 'd try a question or two.
> I have just went to using CT-9.27.
>
> What I would like to do it run master.dta from the ram drive.  Everytime you
> hit 2 keystrokes in the logging field ct acesses the hard drive for
> master.dta ?  I would like to lengthen the life of the hard drive by using
> the ram drive .

(1) Your hard drive life is going to be limited by total hours of
operation and time since you bought it -- it will not be appreciably
extended by foregoing disk accesses while allowing the disk to spin

(2) It should work in a very straightforward way with a ram disk -- but I
doubt if you'll notice any difference -- the way it works on my 486/40
laptop is virtually instantaneous -- the access routine seems to start
the disk lookup upon the first key stroke

> My other question is has anyone used a W9XT DVK card with CT .  I can't seem
> to get it to run with  just the f-keys unless I open a seperate window with
> the hot key command.  Then when that window is open I can't do anything in
> ct. ???? Makes it hard to call cq and listen to another band on 2 radio
> operation and check for dupes.

No clue on this

Good luck
Dave N7UE

> Ok well enough for now.  Thank you .   73
> Dave Ranney  N0AXL
> noaxl@aol.com
>
> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
> WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org

David B. Ritchie, Esq.
D'Alessandro & Ritchie, P.C. -- Intellectual Property Lawyers
3521 E. Yorkshire Road, Pasadena, CA  91107-5432
818-683-8800 (TEL)   818-683-8900 (FAX)   dbr@alumni.caltech.edu