[ct-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] CT HELP!!!!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] CT HELP!!!!
From: Alan Braun" <albraun@socketis.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 97 21:35:11 +0000
>>stumbling block! I tryed to type in KP3P (Peurto Rico), but it won't
>>allow me to do that. It says in the ARRL DX CONTEST You may work on DX
>>stations, no W/VE! But KP3 IS DX! How do I get it so that it will take
>>KP3P??? Also, how do I get it to print out all of the log, when I am
>>in Postcontest mode??? Thanks in Advanced for any help!
>>73
>>K4HQ

>There are two ways around this problem.

>The quick and easy technique I use is to simply put a "portable"
>prefix for the same country that CT will accept, e.g., KP3P/KP4,
>and go on.

>Acceptable prefixes are determined by the .CTY file, so the ultimate
>solution is to edit your .CTY file.  Older versions must be edited
>using some external editor.  I believe the latest versions can be
>edited while CT is running.

Another way, the easiest of all, is to redefine KP3 on the fly, by
just typing "KP3=KP4" (without the quotes) in a callsign entry field.
This works anytime you have an oddball prefix, just make sure that
one of the prefixes you put in is a recognized prefix for the country
in question.  Doing this auto-edits the .CTY file for you.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org