[ct-user] CT_TIME Utility

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT_TIME Utility
From: Gene Ingraham, N2BIM" <n2bim@NJDXA.org (Gene Ingraham, N2BIM)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 09:38:49 -0700
Thanks for the many replies; too many to thank personally, although
I tried to reply to Ken Wolf but the "Mail Administrator" kicked
back my message to: <ken_wolff@mail.cerulean.com>.  Don't know why.

The answer to the question is to have the proper version of CT_TIME
for the version of CT that you are running.  Unfortunately, CT_TIME
for version 9 is not on the CT-BBS.  They tell me that this version
is on the VE7TCP web site.  I can never get connected to that site.
N3RD sent me the correct CT_TIME for version 9 as an attachment to
his e-mail.  I assume that it will work in the future.

To fix the problem, I ran 9TO8.exe on the BIN file; ran CT_TIME
(for version 8, which came off the CT-BBS) on that file;
and ran 8TO9.exe on the result.  Worked like a charm.  Now the
logs are merged.

It was pointed out that you don't need to merge the logs for FD.
True.  But, We like to be able to look at the results in a merged
log, so that's what we did.  Because of the bugs in the program,
fixing the logs after Field Day is a bigger job than FD iteself!
Our Novice/Tech station couldn't get the program to log in their
band.  The packet QSO's wouldn't stick.  Now I have to go back
and fix them all manually.  Oh well.

If you're still reading, I'd like to comment that our Club puts
on a BIG Field Day effort, with large towers and big mono-banders,
including a 2 element 40 meter quad on a 60' mast.  We've been
doing this for years.  Every year we get better: 3700 QSOs in a
3A effort this year, with everybody operating who wants to operate.
We are a local club, and only a few of us are dedicated contesters.
All of our gear is stored in the County Garage,
where we can get at it on a few hours notice.  So, we think
that the comments about FD being broken are all wet.
It's the most fun of all operating events throughout the year.
Keep it the way it is.

73 and thanks again.

Gene...N2BIM
VP and Field Day Chairman