[ct-user] K1EA DVP Card

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] K1EA DVP Card
From: Dio <diomar@electriciti.com> (Dio)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:16:37 -0700
Hi Bob,
Yup! It's twue, it's twue. DATOM is supporting the CVB and that's the
good news. I tink their the guys that wrote it. I've used it and it
works as a voice recorder/playback unit. You do have to build up a
keying circuit OR you can buy one from them. The small detail missing in
the keying circuit is the lack of a switch for popping your mic into and
out of the sampling stream. Not needed if you use a mic for your
soundcard and another one for the radio. ANother item I'd add is a
physical gain control on the output of your card and input to the mic on
the radio. Sometimes it's easier to tweak a pot instead of getting into
a software menu to control the soundcard output.

The question is...How do you get the CVB and Scott Beezley's stuff to
coexist with the same sound card?!?!?

Here's their address:
 DATOM@contesting.com

ROBERT WANDERER wrote:

> Is this device (physical card) still available? I've not seen any
> advertisements in a long time. Who-where-how much?
>
> Or is there a software version thereof (using a sound card)? Heard
> a mention of such a product. I don't believe this is the CVB formerly sold
> by LTA and now by the original source, DATOM (the Pruetts). Details?
>
> Thanks and 73
> Bob AA0CY/7
> AA0CY@CONTESTING.COM
>
> --