[ct-user] CT and the new Dell Computers

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and the new Dell Computers
From: Peter Chamalian <W1RM@snet.net> (Peter Chamalian)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:00:16 +0100
I've been working with W1BIH to unravel a problem with his new Dell.
The machine is pure Windows 95 (Pentium Pro II 266mHz screamer!).

The problem is that CT won't talk to the OMNI.  Here's the strange part
-- other programs talk to the ONMI OK.  Other computers talk to the OMNI
running the same version (9.10) OK.  K1EA says it's an IRQ problem but
all indications from the Windows 95 control panel show no IRQ problems
or conflicts.  The problem exists when running in dos or running in a
dos window.  As far as we know, the serial cards are PCI and cannot be
set for IRQ via hardwire or switches, but I haven't taken the cover off
the new machine to be absolutely sure.

Any thoughts?  Please send to W1RM@SNET.NET

Thanks, W1RM

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct