[ct-user] FT-1000MP with CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-1000MP with CT
From: Dave Hawes" <n3rd@ix.netcom.com (Dave Hawes)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 16:26:33 -0400
I have recently acquired an FT-1000MP.  Having used it in the WAE CW
contest, I have noticed a rather significant glitch while using it
with CT:

For the band map and most (if not all) of the functions where CT
reads the radio's VFO frequency, the clarifier must either be OFF or
reset to 0.00.  Otherwise, CT reads very erroneous data from the
radio.  This affects the band map, putting out packet spots, grabbing
packet spots (if you hadn't cleared the clarifier, when you did the
second Alt-F4, you end up in space somewhere, wondering what
happened), etc.

I have tried this with 9.27 and 9.30 with the same results.  Can
anyone confirm that this is a quirk of CT and not the result of some
menu setting chosen improperly by me?

Thanks in advance.

73 - Dave N3RD

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct