[ct-user] SERIAL NUMBER PROBLEM IN CQ WPX LOGGING

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] SERIAL NUMBER PROBLEM IN CQ WPX LOGGING
From: Brian MILLER <Brian.MILLER@nzpost.co.nz> (Brian MILLER)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:39:00 +1300
Hello

We tried using the CQ WPX contest MM mode to log calls for the VK/ZL
contest last weekend. We operated all bands with two operating stations
plus a spotting station - all three stations running CT networked.

The logging was generally successful except that the "sent" QSO serial
number sometimes changed AFTER logging a call. The number changed to a
larger value and appeared to be related to the total number of QSOs
logged at that time on all bands by both stations.

Some bands were worked by both operating stations - but not
simultaneously. Furthermore the spotting station was operational on all
bands - CT used to check for dupes etc. I wonder if logging the same
band on more than one station was responsible for the observed
anomalies? Has anyone else encountered this situation ..... advice?

Finally - is CQ WPX the best CT contest mode for VK/ZL test?
Suggestions?

73

Brian Miller
ZL1AZE