[ct-user] Radio/Computer Out of Sync

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Radio/Computer Out of Sync
From: cwman@juno.com (Fred W Hoffert) (Fred W Hoffert)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 06:13:10 -0500
ct-user@contesting.com

As long as I have been using CT (starting back with v7.x) I have had
intermittent problems with the radio and computer suddenly deciding that
they won't talk to each other.  Consequently, some times after a band
change, I notice that the computer didn't change bands when the radio
did.  This is ,ahem, frustrating since I have to try and remember who I
worked where.  Rebooting seems to fix the problem.  At least I'm not
still using the XT.  Sometimes, in v9.x I can see on the band map that
the frequency is not changing as I tune so it's reboot time again.  At
least a band change wasn't involved

Finally, usually when this happens, the log prints out with the band and
not the frequency.  Could be that the computer's memory is as sluggish as
mine.

I've used different computers, different radios, and different versions
of the program.  Any constructive suggestions/comments would be
appreciated.  Technology is great when it works.

73,

Fred/NA2U
CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
The ham formerly known as WA0QOA