[ct-user] TS450 and CT9.22

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] TS450 and CT9.22
From: Nate Bargmann" <ka0rny@midusa.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:13:45 -0500
> Mike I would select a Kenwood TS850 or TS950 if they are on the list. I
> presume you have the Kenwood IF-232C interface that sits between the
> computer and TS450?

Or, a person can build their own interface and save quite a bit of
money.  An article describing such an interface was written by
Wallace Blackburn AA8DX and appeared in February 1993 QST, pages 37
to 41.  In fact the author covers interfaces for Kenwood, Icom,
Yaesu, and Ten-Tec.  I am in the process of building the unit for
my TS-850 I just bought and should complete it tonight.  His approach
uses a Harris ICL232 or Maxim MAX232 TTL to RS-232 converter chip and
optoisolators for complete isolation of the rig from the computer.

> Remeber also that the computer talks to the TS450 at 4800 baud.

4800, 8 bits, no parity, 2 stop bits.  Seems to be a Kenwood
"Standard".

> Murray ZL2IQ

73, de Nate >>

     Packet   | KA0RNY @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM        | "If wires can be
     Internet | ka0rny@midusa.net                      | connected in two
     Location | Valley Center, KS USA EM17hs           | different ways,
             View yet another web page at:             | the first way
       http://homepage.netspaceonline.com/~ka0rny/     | blows the fuse!"