[ct-user] Strange Occurrences with WriteLog

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Strange Occurrences with WriteLog
From: DEL SCHIER KD1DU FN31 <kd1du@Ridgefield-CT.com> (DEL SCHIER KD1DU FN31)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 20:25:09 -0500
David Robbins wrote:

> when you edit an entry in ct it looses any frequency info that
> it had saved originally.  you might be able to restore this by
> doing b2r then edit it back in and r2b to get back to the binary.
> you will notice this if you edit a call and then try to send it
> as a dx spot, the frequency comes up 0.0.
>
> William Spickler wrote:
> >
> > When I WriteLog, any record that has been re-entered, whether edited or
> > not, writes out with the Band (e.g., 10) instead of the Freq. (e.g.,
> > 28.000) in the Freq. field.  Also, some freqs have strange values, e.g.,
> > 14.224 instead of 14.200 or 21.149 instead of 21.000.  I can fix this by
> > editing the text document but am I doing something wrong or is there a
> > fix?
> >
> > Bill, NU6I
> > BSpickler@VTnet.com

You ought to see the mess writelog makes on a VHF contest with the
bands. The
frequencies are all screwed up with decimal places in the wrong place
and the
columns out of whack. I have to go and manually edit 700 + contacts with
a text
editor before submitting my log. Version 8 worked perfect, I have only
had this
problem since upgrading to version 9. Any ideas, thanks in advance.

73, Del
KD1DU