[ct-user] Enhanced TS-850 features i

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Enhanced TS-850 features i
From: Nate Bargmann" <ka0rny@midusa.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 23:21:21 -0500
Hi Glenn and All.

> Hello Nate!
>
> When I go to do a "split" using CT, it just doesn't work the way I think it
> should. That is, when both VFOs are set to, say, A VFO, and I type a minus
> sign in on CT, both VFOs go to the split frequency. I have to poke the VFO
> buttons to get the split set up properly. Is this a bug or a feature ;-) of
> CT, or cockpit error?

My original post may not have been too clear, but I am running CT386
Ver. 8.53.  I played with the split on my '850 and it sets up just
fine.  Say I have VFO A tuned to 7.090 and press the keypad "-" key
CT pops up the frequency entry box and if I type in 7250 and press
<Enter> the VFO B transmit become the active TX VFO. Pressing the
TF-SET key on the rig verifies it will transmit on 7250 kHz.  To
return to simplex I press the gray "-" key and then press <Enter>
without keying in any numbers; VFO A now becomes the active RX and TX
VFO.

I'm not sure which version of CT you're using, but if you have
version 9.xx, I believe the latest version is 9.31.  Perhaps an
upgrade would solve the problem?

> 73, Glenn KB1GW
> kb1gw@arrl.org

73, de Nate >>

     Packet   | KA0RNY @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM        | "If wires can be
     Internet | ka0rny@midusa.net                      | connected in two
     Location | Valley Center, KS USA EM17hs           | different ways,
             View yet another web page at:             | the first way
       http://homepage.netspaceonline.com/~ka0rny/     | blows the fuse!"