[ct-user] CT/WIN95 FOLLOW-UP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT/WIN95 FOLLOW-UP
From: MAL" <n7mal@ctaz.com (MAL)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:40:30 -0000
I've attached a copy of a reply I received from John Bednar. John 3
weeks ago I conducted similiar tests using CT9 in WIN95 during SSCW,
after which you responded with similiar message. I've proven, beyond
any reasonable doubt, CT9 works inside a DOS window in WIN95 on both
CW & Phone. As for networking, 99% of CT users "DO NOT" network. "I"
beleive super check partial is illegal and immoral in contesting,
however, I tried it with my SS Phone log, before writing this, and it
works just fine. There is a small percentage of CT users who use rig
control and an even smaller percentage using DVP's. DVP's and rig
control are just serial or buss devices which should present no
problems, if installed correctly and if the TSR's are configured
correctly.  So, it would seem the overwhelming majority of CT users
could run CT9, inside a DOS window, in WIN95, with no problems.

Fine test however, you can only state that CT9 works fine
with WIN95 without CW, without a network, without rig control,
without super check partial, and without a DVP. I've already tested
the CT network with WIN95 and it's poor.

John

http://www.qsl.net/n7mal/ct.htm                        n7mal@ctaz.com