[ct-user] HOW MANY COM PORTS ??

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] HOW MANY COM PORTS ??
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@contesting.com> (Hank Kohl K8DD)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:00:38 -0500
At 03:54 PM 11/19/97 -0500, Setzler, James M wrote:

>>      How many ports can I have active at one time?   Am I limited to
>> a total of 4 COM and 3 LPT ports operating at one time?  Or, with the
>> appropriate I/O boards installed, could I have, say, 6 COM and 2 LPT
>> ports active at one time?

I have had 6 COM ports active in Win 95.  IRQ's 4,3,2,5,7,11.  Ran out
of time
and initiative, but not IRQ's or I/O addresses.  The boards that I have
are
two COM ports with DIP addressable I/O address and available IRQ
jumpers for
2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,12,14,15.  Real flexible.  UART is 16450 - can't run
much over 9600 baud, but then again, neither can I.

Suppose I could part with a few of them in very late Dec, or after the
first
of the year.  Probably have 25 or 30 of them left.  Will be in C6A for
a week
surrounding CQWWCW and then on the road out of town doing company stuff
till
Christmas.

73    Hank    K8DD