[ct-user] CT 9.36 Beta Announce Window Bug

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.36 Beta Announce Window Bug
From: Gene Ingraham, N2BIM" <n2bim@njdxa.org (Gene Ingraham, N2BIM)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:28:15 -0500
I started to post this on Monday, but before sending it I got out the
CT9
Manual and read up on it (what a concept!).  The manual tells you, on
Page
62, that what happened to me over the weekend is exactly what is
supposed
to happen.  However, I don't remember CT ever behaving the way 9.36B
did,
so this morning I went back and re-loaded every .EXE file from 9.26
right up
to 9.35, and they all behave differently than 9.36B, so I decided to
make this post.

Here's what happens in 9.36B.  You're working in S & P mode (I suppose
you
could be running - it wouldn't make a difference).  You see a spot
in the Announce Window that you want to work.  You hit <Ctrl><right
arrow>
to get into the Announce Window; arrow up to the spot you want and hit
<enter>.
Bang, the radio QSYs to the spotted frequency, and the call comes up
in the
callsign field.  So far, so good.  However, here's where 9.36B differs
from all the
previous versions that I still have.  Say the station is no longer
there, and you
want to go grab another spot, so you repeat the above procedure and
pick
out a new spot.  You hit enter on the highlighted spot, and, Aw, the
radio goes
to some other strange frequency and the note at the bottom of the
window
says "Back on Main Frequency".  If you've set a "Run" frequency at any
time
previously, you could end up on a totally different band, and
depending on how
you have the Announce Window set, the spot you were trying to get may
not
even be showing any more!  This is NOT how it works in the previous
versions
that I still have.  As I said above, I tried every one of them this
morning, and
in every case, when you hit enter on the 2nd spot, you go to that
spot.  This
is the way it SHOULD work.

The work-around was to hit Alt-F5 before trying to grab the next
spot.  Gee,
that's what the Manual tells you to do, but this is a giant PITA.  I
hope it
can be put back the way it was.  Did anybody else experience this
problem?

Thanks and 73 to all,

Gene...N2BIM
Newton, NJ