[ct-user] CT9.33 & Windows95

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.33 & Windows95
From: Doherty, Robert" <Robert.Doherty@fmr.com (Doherty, Robert)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:02:00 -0400
At the risk of beating a dead horse.....We recently upgraded from a 386-16
and CT8 to a Pentium II 233 and CT9.33.....we ran CT9 in the
Dxpedtion mode from the DOS prompt for Marconi Day W1AA.... the COM1 for
packet and COM4 for rig control....LPT1 to key the rig(TS850)...the packet
would not scroll up for any spots unless you hit enter a couple of times....
and the rig control operation on COM4 was erratic...& and would not tune the
rig to the spot frequencies....after shutting down CT9 we could not connect
to packet through our LOGIC5 logging program or by using Pakrat also we
could not print anything .... we had lost the printing function.... all of
this worked before we used CT9.33.... we deleted CT9.33 and the rig control
and the printing function returned and worked.... but we are still not able
to get COM1 to work with packet or through LOGIC5...
Now we know why some contesters have stayed with their 386 and CT8...... IT
WORKS....glad we still have ours.....
It looks like a wooden wagon wheel that was made for a wagon won't fit on a
Lexus.....
73  Whitey   K1VV