[ct-user] coordinating CT and TNC software

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] coordinating CT and TNC software
From: Bill Bennett N7DZ <n7dz@qsl.net> (Bill Bennett N7DZ)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:00:23 -0700
TIARC (Tucson IBM ARC, W7IBM) and numerous other clubs I guess, will be
operating HF digital modes in FD this year, and logging with CT. I'm
fairly green at HF digital operation and software. How are people
planning to coordinate CT with the TNC program? I can think of several
possibilities:
(1) two computers, one for CT, one for TNC software, manual entry of
exchange data into CT
(2) like (1), but with both programs running in one computer, under
win/95 for example. Any conflicts with this?
(3) some CT magic that I haven't learned yet that allows CT to control
the TNC to make the QSO (semi-)automatically and capture the data into
the log.

If (3) isn't there yet, and if digital becomes an important FD mode
(we'll see how it goes this year), then I guess it's a natural extension
to hope for "someday soon"?

Bill n7dz@qsl.net